The struggle with an alcohol use disorder can seem like a never ending journey. A person may define alcohol rehab success by not relapsing. The truth is options for alcohol rehab in Oregon include a range of recovery programs.
The person may start in detox and continue with therapy during rehab. A quality treatment program will also offer aftercare. This connects the person to continuous support during weak moments.
Risk Factors for Alcohol Rehab in Oregon
Various factors determine whether a person has a problem that exceeds occasional drinking. These may include:
- Experimenting with alcohol at an early age
- Family history of alcohol addiction
- Drinking to de-stress from pressures at work and home
- Giving into peer pressure
- Consuming alcohol over an extended period of time
Overcoming an addiction to alcohol is a process that can happen with the right treatment. Fewer than half relapse after one year of sobriety. That group decreases with each passing year. Furthermore, this proves a person can win their battle with alcoholism no matter the reason they started drinking.
Receiving treatment for alcoholism is an investment in the future. Sobriety is a great achievement that makes a huge difference for the person and people who love them.
Best Time to Start Alcohol Rehab in Oregon
Admitting a drinking problem exists is important to do before beginning treatment. Sometimes a person acknowledges this on their own. Another way is an intervention by family and friends for a person to recognize the need to change their condition.
Some warning signs of alcoholism also make it obvious that treatment is a person’s best chance to get better. Family and friends may notice constant changes in mood. Also, the person may make excuses for neglecting responsibilities.
They also deny that they drink too much. A person may lose interest in hobbies and social activities. In extreme cases, they may get involved in crime or acts of violence.
Loved ones expressing their concerns may convince the person to change their excessive drinking habit. An intervention is also a good way to begin the discussion about options for treatment.
Options for Alcohol Rehab in Oregon
Admitting the need for change prepares a person to enter an Oregon rehab center. They connect to different types of treatment options. These include:
- Detoxification in a safe medical facility. This first step rids the body of alcohol.
- Residential rehab which is also referred to as inpatient treatment, requires living at a facility. The person participates in a recovery program.
- Partial hospitalization is for the person who transitions from residential rehab.
- Intensive outpatient is a level of care for the person who needs flexibility in treatment while meeting personal responsibilities.
- Outpatient treatment is an independent option for receiving alcohol rehab. Therapy sessions are scheduled around work and home needs.
Learn More about Your Treatment Options
Finally, don’t let alcohol continue to ruin your life. This is a serious disease that is also manageable. You can get help through alcohol rehab in Portland Oregon. These programs offer the psychological and medical support you need to change your choices and life.