When it comes to addiction, we often overlook the possibility of alcohol addiction. Because alcohol is legal, easily accessible, and often glamorized, we forget the dangers it poses when abused. An alcohol rehab center can provide you with the help and guidance you need to recover from alcohol addiction when you begin to struggle. However, it’s important not to compare your alcohol rehab success to the success of others. Recovery is an ongoing marathon, not a sprint, that requires the help of alcohol addiction treatment.
Signs of Alcohol Addiction
There are several signs that indicate the need for alcohol addiction treatment in an individual. Whether it’s a loved one who recognizes these signs or the individual realizing the impact their drinking is having, knowing what to look for is essential in finding help. Some signs of alcohol abuse and addiction include the following:
- Drinking alone
- Drinking before any event
- Isolating from close family and friends
- Excusing their drinking
- Choosing to drink over meeting responsibilities
- Feeling sick when you don’t consume alcohol
If you begin to notice these behaviors in yourself or a loved one, it’s important to begin searching for a treatment that can help.
Why Do I Need Alcohol Addiction Treatment?
A common misconception regarding alcoholism is that people can simply stop their drinking. Because so many consume alcohol without issue, the misconception is that anyone with a drinking problem can simply stop. However, that isn’t the case. Alcohol is a depressant that changes the chemical balance in the brain, which is why we experience feelings of calm, happiness, or relaxation when we consume it.
Because of this change in the brain, prolonged or heavy drinking can cause imbalances. This requires the help of professionals to change back and treat. An alcohol addiction treatment program recognizes the changes that occur in the brain and the help people need who struggle with alcohol addiction. Medical supervision throughout treatment helps to keep individuals safe and accountable as they work through their program.
What to Look for in an Alcohol Rehab
With so many addiction treatment programs in Florida available, it’s important to know what to look for prior to making a decision regarding your care. Instead of making a snap decision regarding your treatment, it’s important to consider
- Detox options- When it comes to alcohol addiction, detox is a crucial component of a treatment plan. Because of the dangerous withdrawal symptoms that come from alcohol addiction, it’s crucial that detox takes place under the supervision of medical professionals.
- Dual diagnosis treatment- In many cases of alcohol addiction, a mental health disorder is also present. Dual diagnosis treatment places a focus on both issues so that clients receive the comprehensive care they need to prevent relapse once they return home.
- Full continuum of care- It’s important to find a treatment center that offers the full continuum of care. This will provide you with the most support throughout treatment and help you to feel prepared when you return home.
It’s also crucial to think about your own personal goals and needs before making a decision regarding your care. Consider how close you need to be to your home and family. Are you able to take time away from work to attend treatment, or do you need an option that fits with your schedule? As you conduct your search for a rehab facility, keep your goals in mind and think if the facility will suit your needs.
Begin Alcohol Addiction Treatment Today
If you’re struggling with alcohol dependence and addiction and you’re ready for a change, it’s time to seek out alcohol addiction treatment in Florida today. Surrounding yourself with a team of experts can make a significant difference in your treatment. Start your search for treatment today.